To mark the first day back at work (or school) after the summer, here's a Children's Book Quiz for Grown-Ups.
1. In Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers, what is the Banks’ family address?
2. What is the name of Tintin’s dog?
3. In which A.A. Milne book, does Tigger first appear?
4. Who wrote the book Little House on the Prairie?
5. Name all seven books in the Chronicles of Narnia series.
6. What daytime job did Richmal Crompton, author of the Just William books, have?
7. Which Mr Men character is round and yellow, with a big red nose and blue gloves?
8. In the Beatrix Potter stories, who escapes over the hills and far away with Pig-wig?
9. Which country did the Moomins books originate from?
10. In White Boots by Noel Streatfeild, what does Harriet’s father do?
11. According to Roald Dahl, what do the Twits put in their pies?
12. In Erich Kästner’s book, who is Emil accompanied by in the title?
13. What is the name of the druid in the Asterix books?
14. In the books by Geoffrey Willans and Ronald Searle, what is the name of Molesworth’s school?
15. What four books make up Louisa M. Alcott’s family saga?
Click here for the answers.